Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oven BBQ Chicken & Cheesy Biscuits

This is one of our all time favorite meals. I recently made it with chicken breasts for our granddaughter's birthday get together. This meal, pictured above, was done earlier. It's very delicious and easy. I've had this recipe for years. It's in a themed notebook that I've written recipes in and pasted in recipes. I started that in New Mexico, years ago, like the 1990s. So this could be a time honored meal, from one century to the next!



2 1/2-3 lbs of chicken, cut up
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 can (10 biscuits) refrigerator Buttermilk or Country style biscuits
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip chicken in barbecue sauce. Place chicken, skin side up, in greased 13x9" pan. Bake for 40 minutes or til tender. Move chicken to one side of pan. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; place in pan next to chicken. Sprinkle biscuits with cheese. Return to oven, bake an additional 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.

**Note--I've used a smaller portion because there are 3 of us, so I used 4 chicken thighs. I also make my own biscuits from a quick mix that is like Bisquick. These biscuits work well, so there's less expense and less sodium. We like the fact that there's some bbq sauce on the bottom of the biscuits when they come out. Try it, you will like it.

1 comment:

FoodontheTable said...

This is so easy! It looks great.