Sunday, June 22, 2014

Song in the Night

I woke in the  middle of the night. These words were singing in my head.  I have not sung this song for many years. I remember singing it when I was growing up and later in my early adult hood, when people still sang from hymnals.

Obviously God had it there for me. I really like this song. The words are special to me.

Jesus is my friend. Maybe it's His way of saying to me that He loves me and cares for me, when I'm sleeping, awake, shopping, working, blogging, out photographing, praying, eating, reading his word, walking, planting, in church, daily tasks.....I love how He loves me. Grants me mercy when I need it.  "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer will I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."  John 15:14-15 {NKJV} 

Tools of the day:  Camera, Bible and old church hymnal from the church I attended while growing up. Photo taken on my cell phone. It's hard to take a photo of my camera when I want it in the photo that I saw as I laid them down by my desk this afternoon! Have a blessed week, my friends and thanks for stopping by.  
Linking up with Lisha  Give Me Grace Community

4 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

I love the way God sings through our lives...bringing lyrics and tunes to draw us close to Him and
others :) xx

seespeakhearmama.wordpress.com said...

I suggested today that we bow down to hear His song Becky. Grateful He brought it to you and that you heard it. Have a great week!

aimee said...

I miss those old hymns Becky. They were so full of meaning.
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Nice camera!

Renee said...

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorites! The old hymns are filled with comfort & truth. I so appreciate your visit to my blog Doorkeeper last week. Thank you for sharing there with us. Blessings!