Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014


Today we celebrate our freedom as a country!! America, home of the free and the land of the brave....those who have fought for our freedom in the years past and some gave the ultimate sacrifice, their very lives. For that we are truly grateful. I'm thankful we can still worship as we choose in this country. Never forget our God who has blessed us in the past and in the present. Our prayers for our leaders and our military personnel and veterans. Many people  enjoying the day off.    It's rodeo time as well! I'm excited. We bought our tickets in April while there was a good choice of seats! It's a respite from the week we've had. My mom died earlier this week. So my sis and I cleared out mom's space in the room she lived in at nursing home the following afternoon. Now we are making plans for her memorial service, late next week. I will be back with you in awhile. Much to do. But I'm gonna go have some fun, at the rodeo, with Phil. 

 So enjoy yourselves, be safe
 and God Bless America!!! 


6 comments:

TamaraB said...

Love the shot of the Flag coming in on Horseback. Enjoy your time at the Rodeo. Looking forward to some more of your Rodeo pictures. Always beautiful. Know that our Prayers are with you and the family.

Gracie Saylor said...

So difficult, Becky, I know from my own experience. I am asking God to encourage and strengthen you and yours as you walk through this season of your lives. I am glad you are able to celebrate today some of the wonderful blessings we know living here in the
USA. xx

aimee said...

So sorry for the loss of your mom Becky. That is a very hard thing, I know.
Which rodeo did you go to?
God bless,
Aimee

Becky L. said...

Thank you, Tamara, Gracie and Aimee for your kind comments and prayers.

Aimee, we went to the St. Paul rodeo. It was good but I think my heart wasn't really in it this year.

Camille said...

Sorry for your earthly loss my friend...praying for you today....(((hugs)))

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mother. I can totally relate as we lost all 4 of our parents in the last 10 years.. it's never easy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)