Sunday, September 27, 2009

Refreshing Retreat Weekend

WOW! 2009

Women's Retreat


"Heart and Soul Extreme Makeover"


Philippians 1:6 "And I am sure that he who began a good work in you

will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (RSV)


Christian Renewal Center, Silverton, OR






Beautiful stained glass window in Good Shepherd Lodge.







Fresh baked bread on our dinner table Friday evening.



"Extreme Makeover Contestant" winner:
Marvalou!!---skit




The new woman!



Really beautiful music and worship leaders.





Ladies listening to our guest speaker,
Joanne Wallace.


Topics were:
Becoming An Image Bearer;
Forgiveness~Putting the Past to Rest;
Meaningful Communication & Building Relationships;
Who Am I, Lord.

Some highlights from my notes:

Hold on to the truth of God. He'll never fail you. Dream a new dream as God will pull you thru your struggles. I Thessalonians 5:11, I Corinthians 14:26


Forgiveness isn't condoning the act; nor is it relieving that person's resposibility of what they did to you. Forgiveness is giving you release and freedom. We have new beginnings in Jesus.





Johnny spoke on the importance of making ourselves
visible to others. We get so covered with guilt, shame, sadness, to name a few,
that our true beauty cannot be seen. Peanut M&Ms were used to illustrate us as the peanut that's covered, losing true sight. Only thru God can our true beauty be seen. We have to overcome our trials in life to shine again.




This is an awesome saying. It's the backdrop in the rotunda where our sessions were.


Barbara is cutting hot from the oven bread while Colleen
is telling her to be careful not to cut her fingers.


Seafood and clam chowder for lunch on Sat. My favorite meal was grilled pork loin with apple slices!! Dessert one night was chocolate walnut brownies with fudge sauce. Another dessert was apple crisp. It's definitely apple season. Took my own Pepsi for a meal. Needed my "fix". Coffee and tea were provided but no soda. Pepsi is my coffee!!!



Four Rebeccas! All from the same church, different ages, but dear sisters in the Lord.


Becky and Di anna---dear sisters in the Lord. You can't have too many!!

It was a peaceful weekend with the Lord, worshipping him in song and reading his word. It's hard to grasp all that I learned. I know I'm relieved of a few burdens. I shared delicious meals with my sisters in Christ, laughed and prayed together. None of us are perfect, just forgiven.
Thank you, Joanne, for being God's messenger for our weekend.






"The Lord your God is in your midst..He will renew you in His love.
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3
(on postcard from Christian Renewal Center)

No comments: