Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughts of the Week





Dull side: This week has been a little hard on me, physically. I've not been feeling well. My daughter, who lives with us, hasn't been feeling well either. My mom hasn't been the best mentally. My father-in-law has been in the hospital again, for the 6th time this year. He lives across the miles in PA. An ex-coworker, of my husband, dies 12 days after her husband dies. She's been battling cancer and body shut down. Another acquaintance in town dies last week from her bout from cancer. A young Army soldier dies in Iraq and will be buried tomorrow at Willamette National Cemetery.

Bright side: I'm feeling better & so is the daughter. I had a good visit with my sister, nephew, brother and mom on Monday. My mom is better after her medicene was changed that affects her mental status. (Mom lives in a good nursing home, which I'm very grateful for.) My father-in-law was given 2 pints of blood this week. Nothing definite about his stomach condition. So he's going home tomorrow. My husband is going to a funeral in the a.m. Hopefully we'll meet up for lunch, our usual lunch date at Subway. Then I will join other Patriot Guard Riders up at Willamette National Cemetery and stand in a flag line for the young soldier, Spc. Marks, being laid to rest. Show support for the family in this sad time but know Spc. Marks is at peace now. It's one way I can say thanks and give support to the family.

Life goes on, whether we feel good or bad or sad. A church reader board here in town reads, "Live life on purpose. " I love that. I have my heart, mind and eyes firmly planted in the Lord. I knowHis heart and do my best to serve Him every day.

Isaiah 66:1-2 "Thus says the Lord: 'Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool; what is the house which you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? All these things my hand has made, and so all these things are mine, says the Lord. But this is the man to whom I will look, he that is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles as my word." RSV

No comments: