Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Frozen Multnomah Falls



The second week of Dec was freezing cold, literally,
here in Oregon. Where we live, there were no clouds to bring
snow and ice. It was just cold. Frost on grass and plants.
But up the Columbia River Gorge was a different story.
It's always colder and windier there.




Matt, the weatherman from Channel 8 said on Thursday evening
that it would still be frozen for a couple more days.
I don't work on Fridays so I decided to go with my camera. Took an hour to get there, the roads were fine.
Chilly though
!! There's always a wind in the gorge.
24 degrees F. when I got to the falls.



Beautiful, isn't it? I was in awe with the beauty.
God has a great design!!

So pretty that I really didn't want to leave. But I told my
hubby I'd meet him for lunch!! I was late but he waited.



I had someone take a photo of me to show that I was really there!
I had camera on the tripod, which makes for pretty good photos.
I was amazed at how many people were there with
big cameras and tripods.

It is a national park and a beautiful place, off I-84,
east of Portland,
about 30 miles.
I'm so blessed to live in Oregon with mountains to
the east and the coast to the west, a couple hours
driving distance.

(Top photo is looking down from bridge. Fallen tree
in the water makes for a different photo.)

Another note: I-84 was closed Sat and Sunday due
to bad weather conditions. Glad I went when I did! :0)

4 comments:

Sandy said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Camille said...

What gorgeous pictures! I agree with you...God's handiwork is truly AMAZING!!

May you have a blessed New Year!
Blessings,
Camille

The Happy Housewife said...

Wow, those pictures are beautiful! We had a lot of snow over the holidays but it has all melted.
Toni

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Gorgeous!