Sunday, February 28, 2010

Musings on a Sunday Evening

I've been delinquent in posting lately! I've not even gone to the beach! I've just been busy with working an extra day for 2 weeks at work. I've been trying to stay caught up on cleaning and sleep and watching the Olympics. Friday afternoon was tea time for my birthday (late) with son and family. I drove up to Washington state late Saturday a.m. to meet my sister for our birthday lunch. We both have birthdays in February so we like to celebrate! Afterwards we went shopping and found an antique store, where we bought an item each. Sunday afternoon we had our friends from Nicaragua over for spaghetti lunch. It was good to spend some time with Pedro, Maria and little Laura (3). Her two older sisters are back at home, waiting for their return this week. A bit later, my friend Tamara and I crafted some greeting cards! Full day that included church in the morning as well and ended with a dinner at Subway for hubby and me and then a walk in the chilly evening!!!

Upcoming posts: my birthday including the ganache cake my daughter had made for me; OMSI visit the day after my birthday; crafting a paper globe with a friend for a friend. Probably more but....you can see I've been busy, which is a good thing.


Weather has been good, flowers and trees are blooming about a month early. So much different than the east coast people inundated with snow and melting snow. I'm planning my square foot garden and have bought some seeds.


May you have a good week and thanks for stopping by! God bless!

5 comments:

Buttons and Bows said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.
Standing still and waiting is probably one of the hardest things we do in our Christian walk besides battle this flesh we carry around with us everyday.
I pray your news comes soon that you have been waiting on also.
God bless and have a great week.

Rebecca
@Buttons and Bows

Buttons and Bows said...

Please stop by my blog, I have a nice award for your blog.
Hope you enjoy it.
God Bless you.

Rebecca
@Buttons and Bows
http://mommiesgotfivechildren.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-very-first-award.html

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday! So glad you got to spend it with your sis.

Camille said...

Happy belated birthday Becky! How fun that you and your sister have a tradition of doing lunch together to celebrate! :)

It's ok to be absent from blogging for awhile...we all need a change of pace at times. Sounds like you've been very busy. I will interested to see that paper globe...one of my kids would enjoy doing that! :)

Did you take that beach pic at the top of the post?? It is GORGEOUS!

Have a lovely day!
Blessings,
Camille

Grandma Becky said...

Yes, Camille, I took the photo. All the photography, unless noted, is mine!! It was very pretty over there!!