Thursday, February 11, 2010

Signs of Spring

My first daffodil of the year. My tulips are starting to come up as well, but no color.



Primroses I bought last week. If you look closer, the orange primroses have been tasted by slugs already. I've been shaking salt all over the place to keep these varmints at bay. I need to spray the ammonia water this evening, I guess. So disappointing but slugs are a sign of spring as well. Good with the bad!


Saxifraga in bloom. I've had these plants for years. They are from my mom's flower bed years ago. They weather any weather that comes about. A freeze can turn them black but they bounce right back in a few weeks. Amazing!!

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! Your daffidols are blooming? Mine stems are starting to come up. Can't wait to see some color!