Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Memories

Here we are, Becky and Phil.....young, unmarried, but eyes for each other in Feb. 1977. This is at a Valentine/Sweetheart dinner at the chapel, RAF Woodbridge, England. We were both serving with the U.S. Air Force over there,.(met on Christmas eve at a party after a candlelight chapel service. ) We started going out together in Jan. and then in Oct we were married. The rest is history.....married 32 mostly wonderful years to my sweetheart!! He's the best and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else!!! He loves me in spite of my failures, he praises me at times. We laugh and cry with each other. We've had our share of trials. We give each other room for creativity. We share the love of the Lord, which is most important, besides our love for one another and family. My love is stronger, deeper, dearer for him now than the day we were married. I remember how I loved him then....it's so much different and better now. Being a newly wed was great but the years that we've shared are priceless and rewarding which makes the love so much better. It's more than a feeling as well. It's something I have in me that loves him.....okay, I'll quit ....but it is Valentine's day!!! (Insert mushiness feeling here! :0) )


I came upon this aged photo from a box sent from Phil's brother. Steve was clearing out some things at their parents house in PA and sent us photos and other memorabilia. When I found this photo, I was taken way back!!! I forgot all about this photo....only one there is? I cherish it! It's a Polaroid and thus the yellow spot in the photo as it's slowing disintegrating...or still developing!!



Fun!! Memories!! Like the corner of my mind!!! Misty water colored memories, of the days we left behind....scattered pictures.........(a song in the 70s)



"O give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 136:28

5 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Look at you two! How sweet!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh!!! Aren't old photos wonderful!!! I love and am sooo thankful for all our old photos, cuz somany times, they have helped to bring back so many memories that may otherwise be left tucked away!

Love this post! Lots of blessed years for you and your hubby! And here's to many more!
Blessings & Aloha!
(And thankyou so much for stopping by! and for pointing out the "heart-shaped" snowflake on one of my photos! I didnt notice it until you pointed it out!)

Rona's Home Page said...

I love reading stories like yours. You two look so happy!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love the photo! Such a sweet tribute to your honey. Loved this post!

Camille said...

How wonderful! No need to apologize for the "mushiness" ~ it's beautiful! :)

Blessings,
Camille