Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Among the Living!!


I have not posted much this week. I have been watching the Olympics in the evening and worked an extra day last week and week before for a co-worker. I have been trying to clean a spot in my family room with a challenge from another blogger. So I am still around!

Church, as always, is a good time on Sunday. Today was extra special because our friends, Pedro and Maria, were visiting from Nicaragua. There was Maria, standing in the hallway as I was coming by people!! Loved the chance to hug her and Pedro. They used to be on staff there but had to go back to Nicaragua due to their visa expiring. We were all broken hearted when they left, as were they. Little did any of us know what God had in store for them. Pedro is now leading a church of 60 believers!!! Our church is helping them in many ways. They are our sister church in Leon, Nicaragua!! God does amazing things in our lives. We must believe that God is enough for us!!! (Acts 13:13-42)

"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love missionaries, too! Such amazing people. I'm always so blessed when I get to be around them.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love that verse and I love missionaries, as well! Someday when the kids are grown I plan to host them in my house.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Enjoy the Olympic games :o) What a special calling on those in the mission fields...I have met some wonderful missionaries through blogging as well. It is so fun to keep upon what the Lord has for them in the areas that they are serving.

Blessings & Aloha!
I have something for you...and even if you are an award free blogger or have had this one given to you already...just know that I was thinking of ya! Please come and take a peek at what it is...