Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Fun

I came home on the Friday before my birthday (which is Feb 14). Daughter Megan, tells me to look in the pressure cooker on the counter.

There inside was a ganache cake for me, handmade by a man she and her dad knows at work. It was so awesome to eat! I've had one similar and wondered if I could have one for my birthday. He obliged! (No he didn't cook it in the pressure cooker. It was just a means of transporting cake without injury!) Ganache is chocolate and cream blended together. I googled it and actually found a recipe on the Joy of Cooking web site.



Here's what the cake looks like out of the pan! Oh yum!! That's the word of the day!!
Yes, I ate some before my birthday because is was fresh, which is the best time to eat it!

I was slow on the draw this year with Valentine candy for my sweeties. So I improvised and made special candy designs with the M & Ms that I have on hand! Frugal!! Top one was for Megan and the bottom was for my hubby!!


Necklace that hubby gave me for my birthday, designed and made by my friend Connie. I'd been looking at her jewelry she had out one time after Bible study. This one was so striking. I told Phil that I wouldn't mind getting this for my birthday. He said he was easy. I didn't see it again til my birthday. So it was special in a few ways. I love jewelry that's different and made by someone I know or I've met the artist.


Pretty pin from my daughter. Purple, of course. Can you tell it's my favorite color?
We ate at Denny's for lunch and I got a free Grand Slam breakfast for my birthday! Delicious!
Shared with 2 of my favorite people, hubby and daughter! It was a fun, double nickel birthday!
I'm so thankful for another year of life that the Lord has given me.

5 comments:

Trendsetters said...

Happy birthday Becky
May God bless you with happines and many more such years

A Gracious Home said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday. Doylene

Elizabeth said...

I love your tea pot dishes. I collect tea pots and dishes. I need to find me some of those.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks like you got spoiled this year! You deserve it. Love the necklace. Gorgeous! Much happiness, Jackie

Camille said...

Yum Yum Yum...that cakes looks fabulous! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday...how fun that it is on Valentine's Day! The necklace is beautiful...what a lovely gift. :)

Happy belated birthday!
Blessings,
Camille