Sunday, March 21, 2010

Procrastinator's Quilt



This quilt has been a work in progress for at least 4 years. I've had it partially put together, didn't like how it was together. I put it away for a bit because I couldn't make it work. So this past year, I finally got challenged by another blogger friend, Laura, about getting this done. She's great about helping other people clear out messes and organize their homes. One of these items for me was this quilt. It's been destined for my brother-in-law and his wife. I've sent them photos of the fabric. So this past fall I decided this quilt would be finished and out of my house by Christmas. But Christmas came and went but it was nearly finished. The 1st photo shows it laying on the dining room floor. 2nd photo is of fabric I used for the binding. 3rd photo is of the favorite block of the entire quilt. I used some nautical fabric as well as star/woodsy fabric in this as bro-in-law was in the Coast Guard. Stars and sailing ships go good together. It's not perfect but it's done and out of the door early Jan. 2010.


This is one of the favorite spots of the quilt after it was finished. It was machine quilted. The backing of the binding was sewn by hand. The two photos below show more of the finished quilt.



Completed quilt, on my recliner. My brother-in-law emailed me the day they received it. They really liked the quilt and it matches the recliner he bought for his wife for Christmas! How about that for timing? :p

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so proud of you, that's just awesome!!

Trendsetters said...

lovely quilt..wish i had such dedication

Crystal said...

Oh I really want to learn how to quilt. I have for a long time. Just do not have a clue how to get started. Yours look so nice.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Very neat. I'm hoping to get to quilt again when the kids get older. I made a bunch of quilts when I was pregnant with Josiah, but just haven't had the time since. It is all I can do to keep up with their scrapbooks :)

Good job! BTW, love your new header picture!