Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Semi-Disjointed Day

I had a day yesterday that just felt disjointed. I woke up at 5:30 with my hip hurting. So much for sleeping without Ibuprofen one night. Went back to bed after taking IB , hubby snored so inserted ear plugs and went back to sleep. Started making cookies before the Rachael Ray show (11 a.m.) came on so I was watching that. Found a couple electric bills for furnace service man during an ad. Hubby wasn't sure where they were. After furnace service man was gone, (for routine maintenance) I put more ingredients in cookie mix and then decided what to do for lunch. I didn't feel like making anything and since hubby wasn't working that day, we decided on Arby's. We sometimes walk but it started raining so we opted for a drive. You know very well if we walked, it would have poured down rain. So we drove and it quit raining by the time we got there.


We wound up sitting by a man who usually comes into the hardware store where I work. We had a nice discussion and wound up sharing our faith with each other. How cool is that? On our way out, a tv station truck pulled up and out came Ken B. who I've seen on tv. They were doing a story on some raccoons in the RV park that caused a disturbance over night. Oh, please! Where were they Sunday afternoon when 3 bus loads of troops came home from a year in Iraq? Hum?
I took the photo of my lilac bush (above) while waiting for cookies to finish baking. I did finish them after we got home. (Dough was covered with a clean towel)

Pansies out our door in a pot. I love these pretty little flowery faces. I like pansies as they seem not to get eaten by the slugs. They seem to like primroses better!

My day was really ok, even though it somehow just felt disjointed. So much so that I didn't even blog it yesterday. I wound up reading other blogs I follow. I had a nice walk with my hubby in the evening coolness. Rabbit isn't real but sure looks it. This is right out our front door.

Here's cookies that I made yesterday. Chocolate chips and craisins are showing themselves. Can you see the ones with eyes in them? That wasn't done on purpose.
Ranger Cookies recipe:
1 cup butter ~1 cup brown sugar ~1 cup (white) sugar
2 eggs ~ 1 teaspoon vanilla ~ 2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder ~ 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt ~2 cup walnuts ~ 2 cups quick cooked oats
1-12 oz package of chocolate chips

Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. Add walnuts and chocolate chips, stir. Add remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a rack.

I've made these cookies for years. I got this recipe from a friend in high school. I spent a night at her house and we made cookies and I've loved these cookies above all others (except maybe Oreos) all these years. I usually double the batch (not chocolate chip part) I added a cup of craisins in this batch and it was good! Try it, you'll like it!

In spite of whatever day you feel you are having, look at it to find something good. In all things, give thanks, for the Lord loves us all!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Sorry you felt a little out of sorts. Your flowers are so beautiful. Hope you have a great day.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sometimes, I have days like that, too. Hope the rest of your week is good :)