Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tulips on Thursday, (Part One)





I've had this tulip umbrella for a few years. I decided it was time to get it out among real tulips and photograph it.

Tulips through my rear view mirror. A few years ago I saw this scene in my rear view mirror and my camera equipment was already packed up. This year I remembered to take a shot of this. Too bad I can't leave it there for those rainy days we have here in Oregon.

Steam Traction engine being brought in for the weekend at tulip farm.


Sunset at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, east of Woodburn, Oregon. www.woodenshoe.com

All photographs copyrighted but you may order any you wish by emailing me or leaving me a comment! Thanks! Will be sharing more tulip photos in the near future. I've got lots I took this year, as per normal. I told someone that if I never went out there again, I'd have enough tulip photos to last a life time. I've been going there almost 20 years and the festival has been in existence for 25 years. Quite a beautiful place. Tulip season is nearly over now. They have become one of my favorite flowers. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Tulips are my favorite flowers! These pictures are delightful.