Friday, May 7, 2010

Finches Brighten A Visit

Today I visited my mom at the nursing home. It was finally a warm, sunny day. I rolled her outside in her wheel chair. We strolled across the parking lot to a waterfall that she likes. While we were watching a few birds sip water from a pool, more yellow birds appeared. We were so blessed to see them there, flying in and out and landing on the tree behind the water fall. It felt like God gave us a beautiful present right there before our very eyes to enjoy. There were beautiful clouds all around as well, so puffy and beautiful, in the sky. This is the spring day we have been waiting for in Oregon. It has been so cold and wet lately.


In an effort to find the birds we saw, I looked in both bird books I have at home. I could not find them! That is just frustrating! I should have had my camera with me but I did not take it with me. I just have my memory. I searched the web and found this photo as a representation of our beautiful bird that made our afternoon a delight.


Art Prints

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I heard it was nice in The Dalles today. It rained here, but got nicer during the afternoon. At least I was able to plant my Mother's Day flowers!

Thanks for the great comment on my blog. You guys are inspiring!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, I love yellow finches. They are a gorgeous bird!