Thursday, May 13, 2010

Random Thursday

I won the $5 Dollar Mom Cookbook last year off Erin's web site. I have cooked some meals from it and I really like them. I received the Pioneer Woman Cooks for Mother's Day. I decided to create a photo with two cookbooks from bloggers that I have. I realized they had the same color scheme on their covers. This napkin that is hanging below went with the colors. I got it from a meeting at church this past Saturday. I saw a photo moment there.



I am wearing the blue chocolate apron Flirty Apron I got from another blogger's site. She had them in her Open Sky store for $20. I don't know if there are any more available (check out link above). I like it. One more apron to add to my collection. The chowder I am cooking is a recipe from my "brain files". Onions, mushrooms, red bell pepper, potatoes, shrimp (1/2 lb. of devined and tail offs, cut in a couple pieces) milk and chicken broth....thickened with some flour. It was good!

A sweatshirt I have had for at least 25 years. I have been going through items to get rid of. This sweatshirt is medium in size and too small for me to wear and my daughter can't wear it either. I have come to the conclusion that I will take a photo of it for memory's sake and let it go. Sigh! We lived in Las Cruces for 6 years.

Counted cross stitch project I stitched in a month while recuperating from my first abdominal surgery, 1994. I have never got this mounted or made into a wall hanging. I am not getting rid of this. I love it!

This is the beginning of my garden. Not a lot is sprouting here. Peppers, coleus and onions. Do not know why other seeds did not sprout. I hope to plant my garden this next weekend. The weather is starting to warm up finally!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahh you look beautiful in your new apron!!