Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hummingbird Visit

This past week my daughter was outside working on her lavender wand. She saw some movement and looked up. A hummingbird was visiting one of our hanging flower baskets. She went back to weaving and behold in front of her, was the very same hummingbird. It looked right at her. At first she thought maybe it was going to attack her, but she sat still and hummingbird just looked for a short time then off it went into our big tree. She thought it was neat! An AAWWHH moment in a regular day, where she's at home, unemployed and a bit stressed. It was like God was giving her lift in her day!

The next day at work a customer that frequents the hardware store I work at bought an item. The previous day he'd indeed pointed out that he was weary. He seemed to be more weary this day....whole month at work had been hard on him. So I shared the hummingbird incident with him and he smiled. I told him to look for the happy moments in the day to make it better.

Reach out and share a moment of hope and happiness with someone you meet.


Photo credit: Steve Creek
http://stevecreek.com/the-female-ruby-throated-hummingbird/

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love hummingbirds they are one of my favorites. It's amazing how small they are.

Camille said...

What a fun story! I sometimes wonder what God's little creatures think of us! :)

Blessings,
Camille