Friday, July 16, 2010

Melissa and Doug Pattern Blocks Review

This is my granddaughter Melody, 2 years of age, playing with Melissa and Doug's Pattern Blocks and Boards that I was sent to review from CSN stores. I got one that is a bit above her age. So I didn't expect a lot. But she enjoyed it. She went for the white pieces first, which her mom said was a favorite color. This is a nice wooden block set. But there aren't indentations in the board that would keep the blocks from moving.


Melody was able to work with the puzzle some, matching a few colors. She got tired of that so she started stacking colors. There are 5 different design boards. I think this will be a fun learning toy for later on. It's now a grandma's house toy. It's in a big Ziploc bag to hold all the pieces. The lid over the wooden box is just heavy plastic. Therefore the storage system will fall open and pieces will be scattered if dropped or knocked over. It is new so I'm assuming that is the reason for the paint smell, which is held up to standards (made in China). Overall it seems to be a good learning game and a chance to work one on one with a child. There are directions on how to use the game for learning ideas.

**This is my opinion of these design boards and I wasn't compensated in any way other than receiving this product to review.**

3 comments:

Crystal said...

We have these at the preschool I work at. The kids love them. Ours is heavy paper kind though. The wooden ones would be nice.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

How fun! It looks like your grandbaby was very creative and found more ways to have fun with the blocks. Thank you for entering the CSN giveaway at my place..I would have loved to enter it myself! haha

Blessings & Aloha!

Nikki said...

We had these when I was little... my mum kept them and now my kids play with them.