Monday, August 9, 2010

BBQ Sauce



This past Saturday afternoon, my hubby and I went to the Woodburn Firehouse Cook Off. I was asked by a friend of mine to be the event photographer. They needed photos for the event's web page and didn't have any good ones. My pay? Two free tickets to get in that included a BBQ meal and then you get to go around to all the BBQ competitors and taste samples of their meat they were cooking. So one group in particular had this BBQ sauce sitting out by some cleaning products. I snapped the photo prior the items being removed and it made a funny picture. I asked if they were added into the sauce to make the name. HA! It's a secret sauce, or so they say! I know one of the men from the group as he comes into the hardware store alot where I work. I just wanted to share this light hearted moment with you, even though I really don't like demons. God is so much better for my soul!

Here's my hubby, Phil, with our good friends, De'anna and Dennis, enjoying the cook off.

www.woodburnfirehousecookoff.com
is the official web site.

5 comments:

EllyBean said...

Thanks for sharing this post. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Wow what a name for a BBQ sauce :P haha

Crystal said...

What an interesting name for BBQ Sauce. Not sure I could buy that.

Linda said...

Hi Grandma Becky...Thanks for the visit today and the nice comment. You are sweet my dear!

Glad you got to go to the BBQ... and "free" is good! Even if you did have to take photos to pay for your admission! (:>)

I like spicy BBQ but I don't know if I could handle the "Demon Sauce!" Ha!

Camille said...

How fun that you got asked to be the photographer!! *Love* it!! I'll have to go check out your photos on their website. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

The sauce was named from a halloween prop label that allows you to place the label over your favorite beverage containers label. Because receipes for sauces are TOP SECRET, and this sauce had a little kick to it in the end, we HAD to come up with a strange name. The prop was just the thing to use. Glad everyone enjoyed the cookoff and NO the sauce is still not for sale. C U all next year. James