Friday, August 20, 2010

Lavender Thyme Herb Farm

I was able to visit another lavender farm a couple days after my first visit that I posted earlier. This one was closer to us, with different photo ops. It was a small place but we had fun! My daughter and I snooped around at all there was. I loved the statues of animals.



There is a little creek that runs under this wheel even though it may not look like there's water.


Lavender and the hay field on the other side of the road. Love the country!






Megan "turning" the big wheel that "runs" the water.

Lavender wand that is partially made. I had to stop briefly and go to the car. It was intense work on my eyes that needed help from my reading glasses. I'm working on my wand below. It's a pleasant fragrance. Both Megan and I learned to make the wands and it was absolutely free! How cool is that on a warm August afternoon?


My favorite color of purple!

Lavender wand and left over lavender that I didn't want to throw away.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Been lurking for awhile enjoying your photography and posts! I love lavender too! Last year I visited 3lavender farms in NW Oregon and the Gorge-it was an awesome experience!
Have a question for you--on the wands--are they difficult to make? I grow my own lavender now and would like to try to make some. Also, I want to try baking with our culinary lavender too.
Thanks!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: LOVE your blog title photo--incredible!

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

I would love visiting a lavender farm. I love the fragrance. Gerry - new follower

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Beautiful! I've never been to a lavender farm, but hope to someday.

BTW, love your new header pic!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'm glad you could visit another lavender farm. Can you believe I've never been to one? A lavender wand looks great and I'll bet it makes the room smell really nice :) :) Have a great week...oh, I LOVED the photos too...very nice!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)