Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do It


I meet interesting people at the hardware store where I am main cashier for 3 days. The vast majority are just wonderful people. Sometimes there's a little swearing, yelling, people not liking prices, or complaining of bad customer service. Yesterday I was a bit tired in the afternoon. I told the gentleman that I was waiting on, that I'd try to have a good day. He said in "his years of coaching kids' in sports that you shouldn't just try. What do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night and then need to go to the bathroom and use the toilet? Do you try? No, you do it!"

What an analogy for the day! I liked it! A bit later I got to feeling more energized and even one of my customers noticed it. I was doing my best to find a flashlight bulb for him. But we didn't have any in stock. He said he really appreciated what I was doing to find it! I should be fine since I work at a Do It Best hardware store! :0)

So Just Do It ( I know, it's such a Nike saying and I like adidas!) But it fits! What are you doing to make your day, as other people's day, better? Do you make other people smile, tell a joke, call someone and tell them you are praying for them? Go on a walk with husband when he comes home early and talk/excerise instead of sitting in front of the computer and post a blog? I did it! How invigorating! Now I'm blogging after loading the washer.

So go out and Do It! Make it a good day for yourself and someone along the way!

The photo in today's post is of a Crater Lake Park Ranger repairing part of the wall around the rim of the lake.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done,
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice,
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always."

Psalm 105:1-4

I'm doing it, how about you? What are you doing and how are ya all doing it?
If you are frequent reader, I'd love to have you be a follower! Thanks!

5 comments:

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Thanks for this "do it" message! I'm looking for random acts of kindness to "do!". Yesterday I put the neighbor's garbage on the curb for her. I don't think she knew who did it - even better!

Warmly, Michelle

Camille said...

Dear Becky ~ Lovely post today! Thank you for this reminder to just do the right thing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Camille

Laury said...

It is hard to work with the public sometimes. Great message here. Just do it indeed. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wonderful post and great reminder. It reminds me of when we go to church and listen to the message. We need to "Just Do It!" when we walk out of that church.

Rona's Home Page said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I reallylove reading your comments.
We purchased some Jack o Lantern lighting and some orange lights. When I get to the store to purchase more lights I'll share some photos.
You have a blessed day!