Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall is Coming


You know fall is coming when the local hardware store advertises:
lawn winterizer, furnace filters, fireplace items
(log carts, tool set and fireplace screens),
indoor insulation kits, and light bulbs.


Stores advertise long sleeved clothes, coats, boots, and rain gear.
Hallowe'en attire and candy appear out of nowhere.




Leaves start falling on my sidewalk and follow me inside. Then I have to throw them back outside. I pick the last vegetables of the summer from my garden.
The temperature is cooler in the morning and evenings and the rain is
back in Oregon.

A sweater or sweatshirt is needed to stay warm in the house come evening.
Don't get me wrong, I kinda like this time of year. It's a definite change and I love the fact
I can wear sweaters and sweatshirts again.
My favorites and I have a lot of them.




We welcome Fall this week, on Thursday!

3 comments:

aimee said...

I love the autumn colors I am beginning to see and the cooler weather too--but I am holding out a bit of hope for a few sunny days to do some more photography up in the mountains and coast:)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: I loved being able to wear my favorite sweatshirt again too!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I like the plants in the dumptruck! Good idea!

Camille said...

What a sweet idea to put flowers into the old Tonka Truck! We had three of those at one time...I think there is only one left. Such fun memories of the boys playing "chicken" with them as they drove toward one another in the yard! :)

Blessings,
Camille