Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Anniversary Date

Today, my husband, and I went out to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. I have the day off anyway so he took a vacation day from work. He has quite a few to use up. We decided that since the weather was iffy because of possible rain, that we'd do an indoor activity. We drove down to Salem and went to Northern Lights Theatre Pub for a movie and lunch. (Alcohol served at later times.) We saw Toy Story 3 for $3 each. Lunch was delicious, as usual. Served by a waiter while we were watching the movie. A good deal for $24.

We've now seen all 3 Toy Story movies and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I know, we are adults but it seems like the adults like them as well as the children. This movie was remembering when the boy was young and now he's getting ready to head for college. The end was bittersweet and tears flowed. Where's the kleenex? I'm not going to spoil it for the ones that haven't seen it. I often wonder what my adult children remember about their toys? It's always fun coming across drawings and writings of my children, now grown, one married, one gone to college......

Anyway, the day was nice and warmer than expected and we maybe could have gone to the coast, which I dearly love. But it's really cloudy and maybe rainy there. We had a good time together and that's what mattered.

We look forward to many more wonderful years together. Not always easy but we plan on going strong and seeking the Lord's direction in all things, good or bad.

"Has not the Lord made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth." Malachi 2:15 NIV



The dahlias in this post are from Swan Island Dahlia farm, Canby, OR. The top dahlias are close in color of ones I had at our wedding. The bottom is one of many displays that was in the root cellar. They open it up for displays when the festival is going on in Aug and Sept. I will share more in another post.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary!!

aimee said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you and your husband!
Pretty dahlias:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Nikki said...

Happy 33rd anniversary.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day. We loved toy story 3.
xx

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Happy Anniversary!

I cried like a baby watching Toy Story 3. I was actually embarrassed that I was crying over a cartoon. I think I astonished myself!

Camille said...

Happy Anniversary Becky and hubby! Congratulations on 33 years!! AND...I *love* the Pixar movies..."UP" was sentimental and "WallE" made me cry. I look forward to the 3rd Toy Story when it comes out on DVD...thanks for the endorsement. :)

Blessings,
Camille