Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Photos Ready?

Here's a Christmas photo of our children, 1994. Megan was 14 and Justin was 10. My how the years have gone by!


Here's what we will send out in cards this year of Phil and I above the Phantom Ship at Crater Lake.

Right now I'm working on what I'm going to make for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to go get the meal deal from across town. My boss at work gives us a free one every year.
The certificate is for one 4 lb. ham and then you get free turkey up to 10 lbs.,
a sack of 5 lbs. of potatoes, a roll of biscuits, turkey gravy mix, margarine, green beans or corn.
If you went to buy it, it's $19.99 but it's free for us.
That is a true blessing and for that we are truly thankful!

I'm possibly making twice baked potatoes and a pie as well. Or just stuffing. MMM~~ lots of potatoes since I bought some for making potato salad for a church dinner. Just as well use them. Serve the turkey on Thanksgiving and make a turkey casserole for Sat. when we go visit our kids. Saving the ham for Christmas.

Tis the season! Enjoy and make a budget so you don't over spend!
Happy thoughts!



3 comments:

aimee said...

Hi Becky!
TY so very much for your kind comment on my blog -- it is fun when other bloggers have been to some of the same places and can fill in some more history of the area:) LOVE it!
I hope you don't mind but I edited part of your comment for privacy concerns for you as I've been getting very strange hits on the blog...very frustating.
I hope you have a great weekend...I am starting to bake more but for Thanksgiving I either want to get a turkey dinner, like you and add to it or eat out!
BTW--what kind of pie will you be making?
Blessings always,
Aimee

Crystal said...

You are so lucky to get Thanksgiving dinner from your boss. What a blessing. I have my meal planned and am sticking to a budget. It is so hard but I am determined. Your picture is nice. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Ooh - I love the Phantom Ship photo, great choice!