Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving~~~is it all about food? It's more about what gives us thankful hearts. These are a few of my favorite things for which I am truly thankful for!


The freedom of worshipping my Lord in a church
and reading my Bible. The freedom to
share God's message with others.

The freedom to honor my flag and love my country and serve in the military
in a nation that is free, not a tyranny.
I pray it will remain that way.

Thankful for my loving husband of 33 years.
He is my friend and he believes in me.
And encourages me.
Thankful that we can teach children at church together.

Thankful for my adorable little granddaughter.
A joy to watch her grow and teach her many things.
Thankful for her baby brother that will be born in January.

Thankful for my adult children, including daughter-in-law,
my mom, my siblings, my father-in-law, and rest of the family.

Thankful that my father-in-law and uncle weren't hurt
when their truck hit an elk!

Thankful for all my friends.

Thankful for the bounty of my garden this summer.
For all the food that crosses our table.

For the house that holds our table and other
items and keeps us warm.

For the beauty of nature, like true blue from Crater Lake.
God's creation is just beautiful and astounding.



What are some of your favorite things to be thankful for?


2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

I love your blog. I'll be back to read more!

Sheryl

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Lots of wonderful things to be thankful for! I am so grateful for the freedom to worship.