Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I decided to make a different kind of apple pie. It's flat apple pie, from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook, by Ree Drummond. Pie crust rolled out flat, well rounded, on a cookie sheet, 5 cups of granny smith apples, sugar and flour and cinnamon. Pour apple mixture onto pie crust and fold pie crust over, dot with butter, bake 45 min. Yum! It was tricky getting the pie onto this plate. Next time I'll wait til it's cooler.


Our table at Thanksgiving with the turkey. Just the 3 of us. Megan went to work a
few hours later.

My silly girls, Megan and Melody, at our Thanksgiving on Sat. with Justin and Erin.

Flat apple pie that I made to take for our dinner and another for them later. This was a smaller version since I needed to transport the pies. I baked them in the pie tins.
Main course was turkey burrito bake with veggies. It was delicious.
Cranberry sauce!
Justin and Erin made mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits.

Grandma feeding Melody her bit of pie. She liked it!


Melody dancing on Grandpa's feet. A favorite thing to do!

Grandpa and granddaughter!

Melody loves wearing grandpa's reading glasses upside down. Everything looks weird!

My kids! Erin is expecting a boy in Jan. Just found out it may be sooner than that. Owen has dropped into the birth canal as her latest appointment, like today. Exciting!

2 comments:

aimee said...

I LOVE that face--my granddaughter makes the very same one too:) Her mom calls it the 'evil baby face'--though of course my granddaughter is an angel, as all granddaughters are!
Your pie looks great--I drool constantly over PW's recipes but haven't tried one yet. Maybe now I will:)
Glad your Thanksgiving was a good one--may your Christmas be also!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Wanted to let you know your calendar giveaway was a great idea! I couldn't participate but the winner will really love it I'm sure--your photos are great!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That apple pie looks fantastic, better than a traditional. Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!