Friday, January 28, 2011

Big Clean Up #1



Make Over in Master Bedroom, Part 1

What do ya think of this mess? I didn't like it either, after looking at it for over a couple years, if not more. It was finally time to get organized and clean up this mess. So this is before.......

And this is the after shot! Which would you choose? The second one, of course.


I moved this wicker chair in from the living room so I can use it to read on when hubby is watching tv in the other room. Right now my hats and grandchildren toy box are on top of storage container. I downsized quite a bit. Can you find Elmo?

Here's what I found along the way in all the mess that I had! Family photos!



My hubby and his family prior to his being my boyfriend even!



Mary Engelbriet paper that was all rolled up. I saved it but haven't decided what to do with it. Any suggestions?




A beautiful knitted shawl, possibly wool, that was my mom's, probably. I used Dry Cleaner's Secret sheet, you use in dryer. It freshed it up alot. Now I need a better place to store it than in a corner inside a sack.




An old tshirt when hubby and I went to Hawaii on a business trip. I didn't have the heart to get rid of it. So have decided to use it as a sleep shirt.





Hubby's Uncle George in his Army uniform.

Uncle George and Jane on their wedding day,
my father-in-law, on right.


I love this wedding dress.









Plastic sack from our trip to PA in 2002. I decided to take a photo of it to remember it by and let it go along with other items to the thrift store. Thrift store with get 2 boxes from me next week. Garbage got 2 bags full. I need to go through one since I realized that I threw away a pr. of jeans I wanted to keep for painting and outdoor errands. (Found out daughter thought the jeans were her's and was wearing them. No wonder I couldn't find them! :0)



I want to thank my friend, Laura, another blogger, in helping me change my lazy way. I found her in 2009 when I started blogging and have enjoyed her encouragement ever since. So click her link above and get started on organizing or getting ideas. It worked for me! I wasn't real bad, just fell off the wagon for awhile!


2 comments:

allysgrandma said...

I think you should cover a box with the Mary Engelbreit paper. Just today I pulled out some ME fabric and a quilt that is half made!

Grandma Becky said...

Sounds like a good idea. Then shall I hide things in the box or give it away? Mmmmaybe give it to my sis for her bday with a gift inside! Thanks for your suggestion, allysgrandma!