Friday, February 18, 2011

Finished Projects But.....

there is more to come! Thanks to Laura over at OrgJunkie.com. She's turningme into a neat freak!


This post shows a couple organizing projects that I needed to do. First one being getting rid of some vases I not longer need. I wanted to put a red one away in the cupboard but there wasn't any room. So these items needed to go away. I don't use them any more. The jar with ribbon and kisses words has been around since we've moved in, 21 years ago. It was full of candy from our church welcome group. Never used it. Tall clear vase I got with flowers hubby gave me and these others I don't need. These vases were cleaned and taken to a thrift store a couple days later.




As you can see, I have enough vases in here now. I don't get flowers that often. Alot of flowers come with vases now. Red one was a couple years ago with roses and chocolates and a bear for my Valentine Birthday from hubby. One behind it (white) was flowers from a long distance friend on my 50th birthday a few years ago. Glass to the left is candle holder I had for our big candle at our wedding. I need to keep that.


I FINALLY finished the sweater for my granddaughter this week. The model, Betsy, is wearing it so you can see it. She's a bit smaller than Melody. But it shows what it looks like. Grandpa gave it to her last night and it fits!



Now I have less yarn in my house. Even less when I get the hat done.


What did I toss out this week? Um--papers and magazines.

Have I regretted something that I got rid of? My smaller cutter for photos. Am gonna purchase another one, though...I think.

How tempted am I to rush out and buy containers for organizing first? Quite tempted. Matter of fact, I bought a basket from World Market today for use in my kitchen. I had a $10 off coupon for $30 or more purchase. Coupon expires Sunday so I had to use it or lose it. I can usually find something there. I didn't go over budget. I bought basket and Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Morsels (big bag for cookie making) all for $20.99! I stuck to my budget. (Post photos next week on this project.)

I feel good about starting and finishing projects. I procrastinate sometimes...finish it later. Like a painting project but we won't talk about that right now! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Camille said...

How wonderful that you knit for your grand-daughter Becky! Very special!

And, doesn't it feel amazing to clear out even one drawer or cupboard? Good for you! :)

Have a lovely weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

aimee said...

I SO need to organize, declutter, deep clean---I like you procrastinate except I do it more than sometimes..
TY for the info on this website. I need inspiration--perhaps between you, Laura and lots of prayer--I can do it! I certainly hope so.
Blessings Becky,
Aimee

Martha (MM) said...

The sweater you made is beautiful! Good job on your organizing project this week :-)