Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Basket

I purchased this basket from Trader Joe's after Christmas with a gift card of $5!! That was price of basket! I have it sitting on an unused chair in the dining room in an attempt to keep clutter at bay. I had a pile on the dining room table and I didn't like it. Mail, coupons, receipts. This basket helps manage the pile. Junk mail goes away fast. I am a pile-it so I have to manage to keep papers/cards/coupons at minimum. The pretty folder is from a $1 buy at Michaels some time ago. There were 3 folders in the package. I find it cheery.

Points to Ponder:
1> Do I know what is "good enough" for my house? The floors need cleared and sitting surfaces free to just sit down, not have friend move papers or stuff. Beds made, bathrooms clean. Decluttered tables so you can set something on it.

2>What did I organize this week? I am decluttering my counter tops.

3>Areas that I am struggling with in this challenge? Deciding what to let go of and finding time to do it all. I have just been using a few minutes a day to attack the project at hand.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your basket. I have been looking for one like this to corral my paper clutter.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, keeping things neat is always a struggle for me. If I can keep the kitchen table neat/pretty I'm happy...as long as I have at least one clean surface to look at when I co me home. oh, my house is nto a disater. It's also not as neat as it could be either :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

allysgrandma said...

Where did you get that icon that this site prays for our troops?? I need one. My SIL is in Afghanistan right now! I am drivin my mother to my cousin's funeral tomorrow in the Sacramento valley. My sister from Oregon and brother and sister from Washington will be there, but it is going to be a tough weekend. Please pray for my famiy.

Crystal said...

I love baskets. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction with your decluttering.

Camille said...

Good for you Becky! I *love* the idea of the basket to keep the *counter clutter* to a minimum...well done! And...even a few minutes a day WILL make a difference! Keep it up! :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Martha (MM) said...

I like the basket and I think baskets are a great way to help keep those piles organized instead of all over our counter tops or stuck in drawers.

Grandma Nina said...

I am definitely an organizing junkie. Baskets are great. I have them all over the house. But I always tell people that I spend more time trying to get organized than I actually spend being organized. It's a full time job!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh boy! Do I need to get some decluttering and organizing in!!! Today I have a day off from work, with errands to do...But I seriously have to put away my sewing and art stuff out of the living room, my son's bedroom and the "girls" bedroom, cuz we will have one daughter and her boyfriend come to visit....so I have to clear the tops of both beds from my mayhem!!! Since they are both going to be here, I can't just store all my stuff into one room...since they will be in different rooms.

My hubby is Mr. Organizer, so it does drive him nuts to see when my "creativeness"...here, there and everywhere haha

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for your visits and comments. You asked about the tile...well, since they are samples, most of them are variations or different types, so I hadnt looked at them to see if they would all work together...however, there were some boxes that had several of the same. How fun is it that you are able to bring home some things from the hardware store.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Great basket! What a deal! Thanks for your prayers. I am doing better after my little break.