Friday, March 11, 2011

I Will Lift Up My Head.....


Today has been nerve wracking! I woke up and learned Japan had an 8.9 earthquake. I looked at photos and video of the devastation. I went to my dr. appt. to find out more information on my latest ultrasound of my abdomen. (Ultrasound was done last Friday a.m. ENT dr visit with hearing test that day in PM!) I need a CT scan done of my abdomen now to look at things more clearly. Just another day down the tubes for another day off again! I will find out next week when I can get the CT done. Probable surgery to make the renal cyst go away and seroma too. I've already had 3 abdominal surgeries. One more is not any more pleasing than the others! I have an MRI looming on Monday morning to check out why my ear is giving me problems as well.

My daughter had the tv on when I get back from the dr. appt. There has been some tsunami waves in California and Oregon. It is earth shattering! I am just on nervous edge right now. But I seem take it in stride since I know that my situation pales in the hurt compared with mass destruction of people's lives in Japan.


The day is beautiful and warm, with some wind and clouds. I am going to a musical this evening with my daughter. It will be something different and fun since we love doing things together. Music makes me happy! This play is based on the story of Israel, from the Bible. It's a great book, have ya read it? :-> We have seen a musical done by this company a couple years ago. They did the story of Hadassa (Esther). My mind is set are better things to make life look up for me. I'm not wanting medical/physical things get me completely down. Even when my life has some pot holes in it doesn't mean it's the end of the line. I will stand firm in my belief of God's hand guiding me through the rough spots. I know my husband, family and friends are supportive in this time.

There are promises in the Bible that God will never leave us or forsake us. Old or New Testament means the same for us.
"No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will never leave you nor forsake you......Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:5 and 9

"Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision,"Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." Acts 18: 9-10

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said,'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can boldy say: 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' "
Hebrews 13:5-6


"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the Lord with my voice and He heard me from His holy hill."
Psalms 3-4

May you be comforted by God in your uncertain times as well as me. I know from experience that He will pull me through again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I would appreciate your prayers and thoughts on this matter. God bless you, my friends.


Snow photos from Feb. 2011 that surprised us by coming but going real quick. It was pretty while here!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Praying everything goes ok for you.

Camille said...

Dear Becky ~ I am praying for you tonight...may the LORD continue to give you HIS peace! Please see Jeremiah 29:11-14a and Psalm 46.

Many blessings,
Camille