Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kitchen Project Again

Let me begin by saying I'm constantly working on my kitchen in an effort to declutter. A couple weeks ago I worked on my fridge top and counter space. Granted it's not completely free of stuff, it is much better. I cleared the top off fridge as the repair man was coming. Yes, my year old fridge was having issues...freezer icing over when it's not supposed to. A drain was clogged cuz hole wasn't big enough! Anyway, I didn't know if he'd have to move it out. No, but he did shut the door (bottom) hard a few times to get it to shut right, after he took it off and had to install it! :0_



Here's my mess. Papers to the right are receipts. I did go through all of that and got rid of a bunch. Salt and pepper shakers rabbits are moved to table. M&M bag is gone away to garbage.

I kept all of these teapots, pitcher and little red riding hood candle. She's a gift from a friend long time ago when she was stationed in Germany.

I love M&Ms and so I collected these tins over the years. But I downsized. Only the two on the right are still with me. Others are gone except for green one on left, it will be going soon to dau-in-law as it has a cookie cutter in it and I know she likes them! It was a struggle to let them go. But I reasoned with myself that I have the M&M Christmas town tins which are my favorites.

Missing here is the green tea pot and cup. Tea pot went away with the M&M tins. Cup is in the cupboard. Bananas are now gone cuz they got made into bread!


Medicine bottles stripped of their prescription information. Since hubby is diabetic and I take meds as well for a few things, bottles add up. These went away to a veterinary clinic that can use them. I've had these for a good part of last year. I finally pulled them over to the couch with me one evening and ripped off labels while watching TV! Now we have another sack started and labels are off to begin with!
Maintain, Maintain, Maintain!





6 comments:

Shonda said...

Great job! I love all your cute kitchen stuff. Did you get your top header picture taken at the tulip fields in WA? I live in Tacoma, but used to go to high school in Mt. Vernon where a lot of tulip fields are. Thanks for visiting The Knowlton Nest.

Grandma Becky said...

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, east of Woodburn, is where the header photo is taken!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I love your blog! Great tips! I became your newest follower! :) Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Keep up the good work, Grandma Becky! Lookin' good :)

allysgrandma said...

I had a huge teapot collection, but got rid of most. I just have the ones above my kitchen cabinets now. I cannot sleep, it is driving me crazy! YD and granddaughter arrive today, yes today!!

Ron T. O. Geezer said...

Clutter seems to be a part of life that never goes away. At least it is around my house :-)