Saturday, April 9, 2011

There is Hope

The day was warm and I needed to get out of the house and go on a little country drive to Bauman's fruit and garden store. I love it out there. I needed some better apple picks than the grocery store and just had to get away from the house and town. Love the little drive and not much traffic! I came upon this arrangement of flowers and designs in the green house. It just perked up my day so much! The little orange mushrooms have eyes on the top! I could use this at my house but couldn't afford it! Even though I've not been feeling the top of my game these past few days, I've been getting things accomplished. Like today, out away and see some beauty and farm animals, including little Rock Island chickens, born 4/1/11 and a little bunny that was a little fur ball and a lamb that was born on my birthday, 2/14/11 and it's name is Valentine. Gets me away from thinking about the medical issues that I am dealing with. But it's not all bad, as I know there are people with more problems than I have. I just need to take it in stride and trust God through it all. A few posts ago I'd written about MRI for my ear. I am nearly done with my medication....done with antibiotic and almost with prednisone. Neither I have liked very well. First one made me sick to my stomach even though I told dr. not to put me on a high dose. I know exactly what happens to my stomach. Prednisone just makes me feel a little out of sorts, hard to put a finger on it. Will be done on Tues. Then another appt. to see ENT for follow up. Abdomen has had an ultrasound and then CT scan to find that I have some issues with scarring/seroma/.....my family dr. isn't able to give me direct answers other than it will need removed. I don't like that statement. I have had 3 abdominal surgeries and one more is not an option for me. I'm not getting any older. Opening me up isn't going to help my adhesions. It's a vicious circle. So am going to get an appt. to see my surgeon, from past surgery 2004, and get more concrete answers. I have done some research on the internet and found out about a technique that can relieve adhesions. It's called the Wurn Technique(R). I received their mailer and it's sounds promising. There is hope out there. I am still looking into something that will help that is closer. Soft tissue massage helps as well, but we need to find something that's proven to work so that our insurance will help us pay for it. It is much cheaper than surgery by far! Adhesions don't show up on medical tests. That's why exploratory surgery is a must then it's back to pain again and down time. Right now I'm just trying my best to put up with my issues until there's further answers. Praying, searching for help....there is hope. Hope in the Lord is the best thing that I can have right now!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I hope you can find the relief you need. Keeping you in my prayers

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

HI my friend! I hope that you are feeling better and that you get the answers regarding any possible surgeries and concerns.

Whew! :o)So many amazing blog parties,hops, memes this week! My friend, I wanted to say thank you again for stopping by my place, following and commenting. I had some giveaways on my post and on Apr 14th, will be listing the comments that were drawn to win one of the giveaways. Although your comment wasn't drawn for one of the 5 giveaways, like my post mentioned, those not selected but had commented will be able to receive 10% off art drawn entirely with your choice of name. If you are interested, please email me. Thank you so much! mgbotelho21@gmail.com

Blessings & Aloha!
Thinking of you! Have a blessed week!

Linda said...

Well I am glad you got to go out when it was nice and take your drive in the country. I love the fresh fruit places...and I love flowers. They do give us a lift. And it sounds like you needed that little boost! Bless your heart.

I hope you will find the answers to your pain and health issues, and that insurance will pay.

Try not to get discouraged. I will pray for you and yes...there is Hope. I love that you have faith.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits