Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tulip Field At Last!

The day dawned bright and beautiful. It was finally time to make a trek to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. Here I am with my new boots on. Looks good now but soon they were mud caked. That's what they are for, right?

Can you tell it's been raining? Of course, these purple tulips are a favorite of mine.

Here we all are together, enjoying the day. Melody had to be held or she'd be off running! It was her 3rd visit, Owen's 1st visit, Erin's 4th visit, I think and mine...too numerous to count. I took the children out alot when they were growing up and it's something we do now. Phil's been out on numerous occasions.
There were alot of people out that day. This photo shows the old John Deere tractor that everyone clamors to get a photo of. Then there's the cow train that kids love to ride. I liked the snow on the foothills. Still there, which is keeping Oregon still chilly in the later part of the day and night.
These tulips are in display beds at one end of the field. Love how the light is coming through leaves and tulips. The header photo is one I took this day as well. I will share more of our day later.

4 comments:

aimee said...

Love it there! It amazes me just how many kinds of tulips are in that one place!
Looking forward to seeing more of your photos--until then...
Blessings,
Aimee

Crystal said...

What a neat place.

Camille said...

How GORGEOUS your photos are Becky! How wonderful that you were able to do that together as a family. What a beautiful day. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

allysgrandma said...

Omgoodness. Just beautiful. I have had a busy week too! Got a new patio poured and another quilt done. Planted some flowers too! Happy weekend!