Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Birthday Fun with Sister

Sharing the same birthday month with my sister, Kerri, has been fun these past few years. We live alot closer to each other than when I lived in England and New Mexico. Now that we are about a 2.5 hour drive from each other, we try to celebrate our birthdays with fun. Usually it involves shopping and eating. This February was no different. We planned for the last weekend of Feb. to meet in Centralia, WA at the antique mall. The weather was iffy since it snowed up there and a bit down here in OR. I wasn't so sure about driving 1-5 and it was cold, to say the least. But I bundled up and of course I had heat in the car so it helped.

We ate lunch at this restaurant and it was very good. It's at one side of the antique mall.
This is my sister.

Inside looking out at the parking lot. I love this wreath!

After lunch we went browsing into the antiques. I found this hall table and really wanted it but it was too large for my car and pocketbook. Nor could I fit the Hossier in my car. Oh welllllll.....I can dream can't I? I've always loved the idea of the hossier...everything there for baking.


Old Theater across the way.

Pies anyone?
Lovely doll!

Casserole dishes galore!

This kitchen collection really brought back memories. I really do remember some of this. I wanted to take a few pieces home. But $20 doesn't go far.

How about turquoise appliances?

Calendar a year after we were married.

Let Me OUT!




Casserole dish to the left is one I bought to replace my older one on the right. I couldn't find this size at the corning ware store. They don't make them any more. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one for $15. I'll take it with the money my sister gave me to spend. Cool!
We had a good time together and saw a lot of fun stuff that would been great to own. I can only imagine how people lived 75 to 100 years ago. If only these items could talk!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Love all those dishes. What a fun time for you.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sounds like so much fun! Just what I'd want to do with my sis on our birthday. Shopping and food! Hugs, Jackie

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Happy Birthday to you both! How awesome that you live close enough to enjoy the day and spend time together. We drove up to visit our kids this weekend (11 hour or so drive!) So only now able to return your visit. Thank you so much & yes you DEFINITELY qualify...come back and add your name to the Blog Hop linky! Any military service...past and present :o) Thank you so much for yours and your hubby's service!

Blessings & Aloha!