Friday, May 13, 2011

Look what I've been up to....

My son and wife surprised me with a fun Mother's Day gift this year. I got it a few days early since there was a time sensitive surprise with it. They bought me a pretty 8 x 10" picture frame from Cost Plus World Market. An added bonus, from Snapfish (on receipt) was a free photo book, up to $19.99 and 5 free photos, up to 5 x7". I started working on it last weekend and finally finished last evening. I kept playing around with the photos and adding more pages. I will get it in the mail next week. I can't wait. I wanted to share it with you. So click on the link below and it will take you to my book. (Remember, it's not good to take another person's photos without asking.) :0> It was a fun book to put together and uploading photos was easier than a few other sites I've worked with. Snapfish allows you to pick up prints at various locations, like Walgreens and Walmart. Check it out!

I did get a neat little bunny candle holder and 3 candles from my daughter on Mother's Day. Candles are made in the USA! Am gonna burn one soon! Love it, too!
Mother's Day afternoon we surprised my mom in the nursing home with a visit. She was happy to see hubby and me. I had hubby go in room first to see her reaction. He's not always with me when I visit since he works when I'm visiting her during the week. Dinner time came so he rolled her to dining room and then we visited with the residents and I popped into other dining room to say hello to a man I've visited with before. Wound up making everybody smile, which was my goal! Some of them look so sad! Then we stopped at Burgerville for our dinner. All mothers got a free strawberry shortcake! It was so good with fresh strawberries and the cake was a biscuit instead of that spongy stuff. Topped with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious! I always enjoy their food since it's local, within Oregon and Washington. Upon our arrival at home, it wasn't raining so we went for a walk. It was a nice day even though it rained a bit with intermittent sunshine then clouds. It's been doing that a lot this week. Today has been warm and some puffy clouds out there. So I'm enjoying the day, even though my dentist appointment was cancelled because dentist was called away with an emergency. Am praying everything is ok with him and family and will get tooth fixed in a couple weeks. I guess that's ok since I wasn't feeling the best today anyway. Just hope pain stays minimal! Blessing in disguise! Have a fun weekend!

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm having some tooth issues again too. I hope yours gets fixed soon.

This weather has been crazy. So beautiful yesteday, but now there is an active advisory for floods this weekend.

Have a great weekend!!

Sheryl said...

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

I am loving the Psalms and, yes, I am so proud of my daughter!

Sheryl

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow, what a great Mother's Day gift. How neat that you got to visit your mom and that you made other residents smile :)