Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring time in Oregon

I am enjoying spring. This week has been warm and dry! It's about time. As you can see from the photos above, there is mud involved. I previously posted about our first and only trip to the tulip field this year, late April. It had been wet and cold late winter and spring.
But that day was beautiful.
Photo of granddaughter Melody at tulip field with a bit of mud on her fingers since she slipped. We are comparing our boots in the next photo. Her bees eyes got dirty and got dirtier as time went on. But that's what boots are for. Right?

My hubby and I took a trip to wildlife safari in Winston, OR in late April. First stop on our way to coast. I caught a photo of Canadian Goose couple with their babies along the water. Yes, this was at the safari. Amazing all the birds I saw. But loved this scene since it was spring and new babies! Those were the only babies we saw there. There were young ostriches though. It was a fun drive through.

If you have a new baby,( non-feathered, non-four legged), you can create your own birth announcements through Shutterfly.

As most of you know, I love photography so I loved all the things we saw on our trip to Bandon. Saw two lighthouses and walked on the beach the morning before we drove home inland. I kept peeking into tide pools and rocks in search of starfish. I finally found a rock that looked promising and behold! Starfish! This is my favorite photo of it. I think there were about 5 starfish all total, but not in this photo.
Where is a good place to store photos besides photo albums and cds and dvds?
In a photo book! A great way to keep memories alive and share them with others. Makes a great gift as well.

Many people move in spring and summer. I've done my fair share of moving in my life. It's always nice to let your friends and family know your new address. I remember going to Hallmark and buying the moving cards with houses on them, filling out the information and mailing them. There was no internet then! Now there is a fun way to do it with
moving announcements .
Keep your camera handy so you can take a photo of your new place, your family and make the card! How easy is that?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you have a blog? You can Sign up to have a chance at 50 free cards from Shutterfly. These are fun cards. Make some cards to share with your family and friends on any occasion. That is why I'm writing this post. I took up the offer on my daughter-in-law's blog.
I was selected by Shutterfly to participate in their blog promotion.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I have used Shutterfly in the past. It is so simple to use.