Saturday, July 23, 2011

Magazines Again?



I've worked on my magazines again. This is one task I took on a month ago, downsizing all my cooking magazines into one magazine with pages ripped out I wanted to save.

I like this magazine cover, so I kept this magazine with all the recipes I saved tucked into it. It's a Thanksgiving issue, okay? This week I noticed magazines started to pile up again. So while watching television I pulled 9 issues to be recycled. One issue has organizational ideas in it...Better Homes and Gardens, Jan 2011. Oh, do I toss that one? There's even a quote from someone whose blog I follow. "Is your linen closet overflowing? Pare down your stock to three towels and wash cloths per person, two sets of sheets per bed, plus a set of each for guests. Voila! A roomier closet." Laura Wittmann
Another good quote~"Procrastination breeds clutter. Institute a do-it-now policy for a few highly visible everyday tasks---like loading the dishwasher or folding or putting away a load of laundry before starting another." Aby Garvey.
This one is me (sometimes)~"Avoid zigzag organizing. Scattering your efforts over multiple rooms prevents you from seeing progress. For visible, dramatic results, work one room at a time, one section at a time, completing each area before you move on to the next." Julie Morgenstern


On Friday I had a dr appt and afterwards I went to a shopping center across the way to see what I could find at Borders, since they are going out of business, which is sad. I found a book I'd not read written by a favorite author. Too bad there wasn't another book of hers. Saved $3! On my way back to the parking garage, I diverted to The Container Store. I'd never been in there and I just loved it Oh my, so many things I could use. Here are a couple photos I took on my cell phone. Yes, I'm allowed to share it, as I asked a store associate! I loved these storage bins.
I managed to buy only one item for a project coming up. It holds all 13 of my 2012 calendar blanks, for now. Last year I misplaced one and not seen hide nor hair of it since. Maybe I can keep them at bay this year! There is a sale going on through Sept. 2 so I am sure I'll be back to get a couple things, when I figure out exactly what I need for my desk project. I'm still trying to figure that one out! Help!


I've not done alot of organization projects lately since it's summer and have been trying to stay current with my photos on my computer. Uploading to computer, then turning them then deleting duplicates and bad photos. So that's organizing there. Put the photos on a cd for back up. Spending less time on computer to get work done!! Yea, that's the ticket!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Oh, no! I see several of your quotes describe me! Well I know what to do I just need to do it:)
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings,
Aimee