Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bandon Beach on Photographic Vacation

Just like I promised, awhile ago, another chapter of our trip to Bandon in April. We were seeking out the Coquille River Lighthouse on our last morning in Bandon. We finally found a spot where I could get some shots of it. The old rusted building was once used there by the river. In the distance, to the left, is the light house. While I was photographing, Phil found the road just to the left of us, that took us closer and to the beach. My blog header is a close up view of lighthouse.
This was the horn that sounded once in awhile. It was out on rocks close to ocean and mouth of Coquille River. Then we figured out that's where the red blinking lights were coming from the last evening when we were on the dock in old town. In the dark it's hard to know what's there!


I love taking wave action shots. I scaled down these photos so if you want to see them bigger and better, just click on the photo and it will enlarge.

This fishing boat came on the scene and it will reappear later.


Anemones and beautiful seascape. The formations are just awesome on this beach. That's why I love it so much. So much variety!
Little treasures just waiting to be found!

A tree has been stuck by it's roots for many years.
Look there's a cave right next to it!



This is really where I wanted to be. It was getting late but Phil said he'd help me over the driftwood. He headed back to get the car then drive to meet me at the top of the stairs. Oh, joy! I got to explore more than just the little treasures.





Water through the hole at Elephant rock. I love this. We were here 10 years ago this September. Loved this spot. Caught the wave action again. Hey, there's that boat again! A strutting seagull!


Interesting rock formation. Looks like one creature has his mouth open.

There was a huge commotion from this big rock. There were birds just flying off this rock and into the water. I inquired about this happening to a group of people up on the top of the stairs. They had strong binoculars. An eagle was swooping down onto the rock and all the common murres, that usually nest there, and seagulls, took off. There were no nests or chicks yet so he didn't get anything! It looked like a bunch of lemmings!


Star fish and mussels.

The parting shot before climbing the stairs and going to lunch with Phil. It was a good morning and we were hungry.

1 comment:

A Creed and A Psalm said...

great pictures!!! I would love to visit there someday. I am in the market for a new DSLR camera... do you use one, or have any suggestions for brands?