Sunday, August 14, 2011

Busy Weekend



We've had a busy weekend. On Saturday, hubby and I went to the Woodburn Firehouse Cook-off, like we did last year. I was their event photographer again. We stayed for about 6 hours, since the awards were presented at 5:30 and I said I'd stay to photograph the winners. So we wandered around and tasted BBQ pork, beef and chicken. Some were better than others. I took a lot of photos and we ate a yummy BBQ pulled pork sandwich, with baked beans and coleslaw and drink. Came with the (free) tickets and then there was more tasting. I got to the point of near explosion if I ate another sample! So I quit eating. We rested, and I took more photos and listened to good music. A lady from the town newspaper asked me to send her some photos of the event, since she was busy serving food. That way she didn't have to go get her camera! So I sent her 3 photos this evening. Will see what comes out in print!



After we got home, hubby peeled 10 potatoes for me and I cut them up and cooked them. I needed to make a potato salad for the church picnic on Sunday. Oh my! I was a bit weary but it got done and it tasted so good. Daughter had to sample some when she got home from work, since she wouldn't get any at the picnic...she worked that day so she couldn't come with us. So it was church and teach Sunday school today. Then it was off to the park, 1/2 hour away. Good fellowship with friends and delicious food. No left over potato salad! Ten people were baptized in the river. Praise God!


It was nice to be just goofing off late afternoon, once home from picnic. Both of us to our own computers. I worked on downloading photos to computer then rotating and going through and taking out extras and any bad shots. Not many of those. Flower photos I took yesterday got put into another folder from the firehouse cook off photos. I'm loving my new camera cuz I can get up pretty close. I'll share a couple with you then it's off to clean up in the kitchen and go to bed early tonight. Half way through the week I was tired and a busy afternoon Friday, going to Kayla's memorial service. It's sad when a young person dies and leaves a grieving sibling and parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. But it's a comfort to know Kayla and her family know Jesus. It helps take some of the sting away because of God's love for us through it all and the promise of heaven. He will never leave us nor forsake us! I visited my mom in the nursing home since I was in the same town as the memorial service. We talked a bit then I wheeled her to the dining room, heated up some tea water for her in the microwave and took it to her, helped position and snap clothing protectors (big bibs) on some residents and made them all smile before I left. Spread some cheer after some sadness! Wow! that's a longer story than I expected to tell you on just wanting to go to bed early! HA! Take care and have a great week!


3 comments:

Camille said...

How pretty your lighthouse photo is (in your header) and that bee on the flower is great too. Congratulations on a new camera...enjoy!!

So sorry to learn of your friend Kayla's passing...what a blessing that she knew the LORD...how comforting that is!

Many blessings to you Becky!
Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

The lighthouse photo is beauty!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing as well.

I emailed you a thank you for the photos. I guess you must not have gotten it.

It was great meeting you and your family!

A Creed and A Psalm said...

looks like you really were busy! Sorry for your loss :( We will send some prayers your way. Also, thank you so much for all the advice in your emails!! I think I have a camera in my sights :)