Monday, August 29, 2011

Psalm 8

Phil and I taught Sunday School again this month. We had Psalm 8 for our theme and we did the story part again. I needed to write out the verses so we could read them during class time. I purchased two pieces of poster board. One poster board was for the complete version of Psalm 8. Other poster board was for a major portion of Psalm 8 for the younger children. There are four age groups that rotate each week to a different station for class. Each week is different but they scripture is still the same.
I don't write straight very well. So I was happy to have my Omni Grid, that I've used in the past for quilting and sewing. It helped immensely.


The verses are written in two different colors. The children were divided into 2 groups and each received a crepe paper streamer to wave around when their color came up to read. It went quite well. Of course the streamers turned into belts and headbands by some of the children. One boy said he was a Ninja and didn't want to color the page he was given. But Phil said he needed to even if he was invisible. Last week while they were coloring, which were older kids than this week, Optimus Prime came into the conversation among a few boys while coloring. We have no clue where that came from. But they were having fun, coloring and enjoying their time. To top things off, dear Valerie, in the 4th-5th graders group has memorized Psalm 8 in it entirety. I need to do that. We should all memorize scripture, don't you think? Whose with me on this?

"And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name." John 20:30-31 NKJV

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It is wonderful that you guys are working with kids at church. I was a Sunday School teacher for over 10 years. I'm kind of enjoying the break, but I know I'll probably do it again someday. Seasons!!! Hugs, Jackie

Camille said...

Oh yes, I'm with you Becky!! We must hide God's Word in our hearts!! I so wish I memorized more of it when I was a child. But, I plan to memorize Scripture with my children during this upcoming homeschool year. :)

Many blessings,
Camille