Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Color

Here's some fun photos from Oregon where it's fall time where pumpkins abound and leaves fall. Here's a pumpkin totem pole at Bauman farms this Monday. We took Phil's dad out there so he could see the animals and fruit trees and hay bale faces. It had been raining in the morning but by the time lunch time came and went, the clouds closed their shower of earth, for the time being.

Then here's a few shots from our place, where Phil mowed the new grass since it started looking shabby. So here's a before.......


and after.
I love this grass and the late afternoon sun and newly mowed lawn.

Leaves from the heritage birch tree in our back lawn.

Welcome to my house~where it's sheltered father in law for a week. I've been busy so a few posts have been put on hold. We had one day out to Evergreen Air Museum and then another good portion of a day to celebrate our anniversary with our family at lunch then visit my mom and then an afternoon with son and family! So I have been a bit weary and some trouble sleeping. I think things are winding down to dull roar. Now I just need to get some blankets and sheets put away that my daughter washed, without me asking. Miracles never cease~and am so grateful daughter did what she did. I expected to wait and wash over the weekend. Oh well, now I won't have to! Hubby deflated the air mattress that dad slept on. Life goes on, then there is painting to finish in the dining room in a few weeks before it gets too much colder. Enjoy the fall beauty wherever you are!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Those are really good pictures. Love the totum pole of pumpkins.

MarieElizabeth said...

That farm looks like a lot of fun. I don't think I've seen a pumpkin totem before.