Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stay Home Sunday


Today is Sunday. I usually go to church but my sleep deprivation last night prevented me from going to church with my hubby as usual. My left foot hurt badly last night and I finally got up and went out to the living room. I turned on a light by the tv and picked up a blanket, pillow and "The Help" book I've read one chapter of and laid down on the couch with my feet elevated. I read 2 chapters and started on another....well, I better go back to bed. Wake up time came but my body wasn't willing to budge from the warm blankets. My spirit was sorta willing but it couldn't convince my body to rise from the bed. So I went back to sleep after telling hubby I wasn't going to 1st service, maybe 2nd service. I woke up an hour and a half later, rolled over and went back to sleep for awhile. Waking up, I just laid there and finally realized the time and turned on The Fish radio station and listened to praise music for awhile. I loved it and one brought me to tears...You are my hiding place, sung by Selah. Oh so beautiful song.



On the few and far between Sundays that I stay home from church I watch Bayless Conley on TBN. Not knowing what time his program comes on makes me search the tv listing from last week, since the new paper isn't in yet. So I have time to eat my cereal. Then watch him then watch another program with Jeff Shreve. I'd not watched this program before but he was talking about what we do when life changes without our permission. It works with anything in our lives from loss of a job, a death, our finances, our marriage and many more. Pastor Shreve used Joshua 1 as a basis of sermon. How Joshua was to move on after Moses died. He was to take the Israelites into the promise land. He was to remember the Law and read it daily and to remember what to do in life. God also told him that He would never leave him nor forsake him. That is for us today! Did you know that? He quoted Hebrews 13:5 and said in Hebrew God said he would not never never leave you and he would not never never forsake you. WOW! In English it doesn't read correctly but in Hebrew it means a lot to those who believe in God and are a born again follower. You can hear his message on this link....FromHisHeart.org
I am glad I stayed home because I needed to hear this message. I am still struggling with the a financial issue from last Oct. Now I see I need to move on because I've grieved about it enough. My life is now a new normal with God. Have a blessed week with the Lord my friends.


"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have;
for he said,

'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'
Hence we can confidently say,

'The Lord is my helper,
I will not be afraid,
what can man do to me?' "
Hebrews 13:5-6 RSV


1 comment:

aimee said...

I hope your foot is better--I know how awful foot pain can be, especially when you have to be working!
I rejoice with you that God showed you His will in your difficult circumstances!
Blessings,
Aimee