Friday, November 4, 2011

Random Thoughts and Rodeo Photos

This week has just flown by for me. I have not been standing still. Work, then trying to stay on top of the laundry by myself and finishing the last 2 chapters of Revelation Bible study has added up to no time for blogging this week. Wednesday evening I did Bible study via phone with friend Tamara. I wasn't feeling good, had a bit of a cold that brought me down a bit. A headache visited me near end of dinner prior to Bible study. It held on to me on Thursday as well. But I went to work and made it to the end of work day and headache subsided! Sigh! It's been cold a few days with fog two mornings. BRRR!!

Last evening I watched UnderCover Boss on television while I worked through a folder of rodeo photos from July 2011. I had over 400 photos and now they are downsized to good ones. I still want to sift through more before I put them on a CD. Photo storage, whether digital on the computer or photos prints, takes time. I back up my photos on a CD so that the computer doesn't burp and lose them all. It took me 1.5 hours to get through one file. Photos of 200+ in another file to sift through still awaits of the rodeo. I have been behind on that so I'm making an effort to get caught up and still get calendars ready for gifting to friends and family and a few giveaways on blog. (Look for that in early Dec.)

I'm featuring a few of my favorite pre-rodeo photos when everybody was warming up. I love the cowgirls in their finery. This is one of the St. Paul Rodeo princesses working her horse. Of course I love the purple! Horses are beautiful animals and I enjoy watching them and their riders.




Today was busy with baking a cake this a.m. for a dinner at church this evening. Late afternoon I spent an hour making macaroni and cheese for the dinner as well. I've made it a few times and it is so different than I've made and people like it. It's a favorite of mine now, thanks to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. Some of you may have heard of her. I have her cookbook and then saw her make the mac and cheese on TLC when she had her 6 show debut. It looked great so I made it. YUM! You should try it!
Life is busy but it's always good to find some down time to relax. We did at the church dinner tonight with 40s and 50s age group and the pastoral staff there. I always enjoy eating other people's food as well as some of mine I take to share. We did bring home a good portion of the macaroni and cheese and no cake! Mac and cheese will be good for leftovers in lunches!And on that note, I'm going to make some hot tea, fold the laundry, and clean up kitchen.


Tomorrow is another day!

The Weekend!
Enjoy!

Thanks for listening to me ramble a bit, my friends!


No comments: