Friday, February 10, 2012

Amongst the Living!

I'm back! Thank you for all your kind words, encouragement and prayers for my well being. I have finally gained my energy back, no swollen or sore throat. I still cough some but am feeling alot better! I took Tues. off from work because there wasn't enough strength in the a.m. at home let alone thinking about all day at work. I'm glad I stayed home as I felt much better the rest of the week. Now if I can just get a good night's sleep, I will be even better. Something tells me to get to bed early tonight. Why? See these cute children?

Hubby and I are watching them for a few hours on Sat. so their mom and dad can go out for lunch and whatever without the adorable littles! I remember that well! Years ago! Love the children so much but there is a need to go away for a break. So here's a few photos I took last month when I watched them without hubby. He had a prior engagement with a friend to play a game that day. We did ok. Can you guess what we watched for awhile? I'd never seen it!

Grandma on the floor and the view from there! Melody and I played with her blocks and we built a house inside her plastic container. Then I knocked it over on purpose.....then sang The Foolish man built his house upon the sand..Wise man built his house upon the rock......remember that song that comes from the Bible? The kids both liked it. Then we built a zoo and with toilets and did you know robots lived at the zoo as well? Owen finally got tired enough he fell asleep on me and then mom and dad came then did he wake up? NO, which is a good thing.

Today I was reminded that spring is on its way. Even though it was raining, but that's nothing new to Oregon! I bought some unopened purple tulips at Trader Joe's to take to my mom in the nursing home. They were so pretty. I could have got some for me but next week is Valentine's day and my birthday and I will probably be getting some flowers. I can't wait til tulip season comes again. I love going out to the tulip field and take more photos and just love being out there. Period!


My mom was diagnosed this week with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Oh.my! Sounds frightening, I know. Wasn't sure what to expect when I got to the nursing home, although she's been ok. She was in bed, resting her legs, as directed..... and surprise! My brother, David, was there. Someone from the church he goes to, brought him up to see mom while the couple went on further north for a dr. appt. Then stop by and take him home after dinner. Mom is ok, cool to touch and a bit of sweat on her cool brow. She's on antibiotics and a diuretic for the swelling in her legs. Oxygen available if needed. Prayers for her, please. It's hard to see her sick and she can (and mostly likely will) pull out of this episode. The care givers and nurses are great where mom's living. At the good ol' age of 88 life has it's moments...good and bad. Right now, well, I don't know what to think. I can prepare for the worst case but am not going to dwell on it. It's all in God's timing.


By the way, have you seen the ads on my blog? Clicking on ads generates a bit of income for our household. (Like a tiny job.) But don't feel you are beholden to doing it, only if you wish to!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Glad to hear you are better! It is hard to be under the weather; saps your strength...
Sorry to hear about your mom; I will be praying for her. It is hard to see our parents suffer...I know.
Your grandbabes are cute---makes me miss mine. I DO remember that song BTW:) Do you know the poem "Here is the church; here is the steeple..."? The one you use your hands and fingers as recite it? I taught my youngest granddaughter that when she was here; it was SO fun to see her say and do it!
Sorry about being long winded in my comment--thanks for letting me know about the tulips; I wanted to buy some for Valentine's Day--LOVE tulips:)
Blessings,
Aimee