Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Random Thoughts Tonight


Today, the sun shone alot more than usual.
I worked inside
but I got to see beauty behind my sunglasses
on my way to the
bank.
I worked today inside,
with a throat that sometimes
made me choke when talking
to customers at
the register.
But I made it through the work day
with my voice intact
with a little scratchy throat near
day's end.
Hubby had warm homemade turkey hoagie
sandwiches ready to eat when I got home.
Delicious!
It's dark outside but the moon and stars
are shining which makes outside
colder.
No
clouds.


I am wanting a dessert that's more
than a cookie, or
ice cream.
No cake or pie in
the house.
I shouldn't be eating any
one of
those.
But sometimes I just feel the need
to eat
cake.
Must I wait til my
birthday?
In a week and a
half.
If I get
one.
Maybe I'll make a red
velvet cake.
But not tonight becuz
there's laundry to fold,
kitchen to clean,
Bible reading,
a Restaurant Disaster show
to watch.
Maybe this weekend...oh wait,
I have to make
cookies,
but there's always Sunday afternoon,
Super Bowl
or not.

Good
night!

4 comments:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I enjoyed reading your Random Thoughts. Enjoy your cake anytime.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Martha said...

Hope you got a birthday cake early - and an early happy birthday to you! :)

Camille said...

LOL! Fun post Becky! :) I sometimes feel the *need* for dessert too. And a *real* dessert...not just a cookie.

Your header photo is pretty. What a gorgeous lighthouse. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Charissa said...

Superbowl tomorrow is a great excuse for cake...I think. And my husband thinks the whole month of February should celebrate his b-day...not just one day. There's lots of excuses, if you really want that cake.