Friday, May 25, 2012

Lilacs 2012




My lovely lilacs for the spring have been so fragrant and I enjoyed them so much. Now the season is over and these photos linger to enjoy them more.   I was on another blog and Faye has lilacs as well.  She is making lilac jelly. I didn't know you could make jelly from it.  I know you can make tea from lavender as well as use it in cookies. The culinary type of lavender, that is.  Live and learn!
    This weekend is going to be full of family fun including grandchildren. We celebrate Melody's 4th birthday on Saturday will pizza at a pizza place. Then Sunday afternoon we take care of her and her brother, Owen, while mom and dad go to a soccer game.  We will go out to lunch with the grandchildren, since it's right after church and we won't have time to get lunch til we get to son's house. 
  Today I am off work, blogging, as you can tell......and sewing a pinafore for Melody.  I have had this in the works for awhile but didn't get last piece of fabric till last Sat.  Wednesday evening I cut out the fabric, today I sew.  It never ceases to amaze me (?) why I wait til the last minute to do projects that I know it coming up!  If it wasn't for the last minute, I'd never get it done?  Or I enjoy the pressure? (NOT!)  Sigh!   When will I ever learn?!  Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Laury said...

Your lilacs are rich in color. Just beautiful! Pinafores take me back. My mom made them for me when I was little and did you say something about procrastination? haha! I am the queen. I think I work better under just a bit of that procrastination pressure. :) Enjoy! Nice to 'see' you! Enjoy your grand kids!

Crystal said...

Pretty pictures. I have never heard of Lilac jelly. Let us know if it is any good. Have fun with the grandkids