Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Roses and a Few Words

Old rose with new rose.

My tea rose bush....enjoying it for 22 years!
  I was out photographing the rhodies awhile back and then I photographed my one and only rose bush. I enjoy their fragrance so much. I can see it from my living room window. Some years ago it was home to a hummingbird's nest.  One hummingbird was hatched from the two eggs. Kept close watch on it, since we had a cat at the time. But Kirby never seemed to bother it.  I kept a few notes on the calendar when it hatched and when it flew away with the  mom.   What memories.

   This evening my new neighbor boy,from across the street, was wandering around when I was driving into the garage. A bit later he knocked on the door and wanted to know if he could do some yard work to earn a bit of money.  He whacked the tall grass down in front flower bed with his weed whacker that his grandpa had bought him. Pulled the blackberry briars out as well.  Looks much better.  He's going to help with a few more things later. I needed that help as it's so overwhelming with spring now, rained when I was able to do a bit of work. Sigh!  Now I need to spray the blackberries and again in the fall. These buggers are persistent. Kinda reminds me temptations of sin ...always lurking somewhere, ready to snag me on my britches or arm. Reading scripture is a vital part of my life. Living for the Lord daily.  I hope and pray that it is in your life as well.  "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."  --Psalm 32:1

   That's all for now, just popping in a bit. My Mother's day weekend post is almost ready. I've just been busy. It will happen this weekend.  So I'm off to do a bit of clean up in kitchen and off to rest my head upon my pillow. It beacons!   Til next time, take care and thanks for stopping in for a visit! God's blessing be upon you and give you peace!




3 comments:

Camille said...

So pretty Becky! What a blessing to have a rose bush! I would *love* to have blackberries on our property, but I do appreciate that they can take over...sounds like it was that way at your place! How wonderful that you hired that boy...what a sweetie you are! :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Camille said...

Dear Becky ~ I just left a comment...I hope you get it...it seemed to disappear when I typed out the verification words. I think your roses are beautiful. You are a sweetie for hiring that boy. And blackberries are wonderful if they don't take over...it sounds like yours did! :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Kristin Bridgman said...

Beautiful roses! I also have rose bushes and am always cutting them and bringing them in for boquets.
Thank you for coming by my place, it's nice to "meet" you. Love Stacie! ;)