Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

My dear hubby, Phil, humoring me on a recent trip. We'd stopped at a few waterfalls along the way to Hood River in late spring. I tend to take photos of signs where we visit so I can remember the correct name.  This day was warm then cooler since we were rained/sleeted on 3 times. We are sure the cloud followed us.  Phil is my friend, tripod carrier, seeker of where to photograph next.....patiently waiting in the car listening to the radio or reading when I'm out taking a photo. For him putting up with all the photography; for believing in me; encouraging me; loving me, for this I am truly thankful.
Phil looking across the Columbia River at the other side, which is Washington.  Train, hill with interesting rock formation and lovely (expensive) houses.    Notice the rain cloud in the background,. Glad it was over there, not dumping on us!  It's always fun to go on a trip together, without children now.  We get more sleep that way!  But we also remember trips we took with the children and funny things that happened.  A lifetime of memories, built together, that we can share.



The men of my life....Phil, Justin (our son) with his son, Owen (9 mo. in this photo) and Jim (Phil's dad).  I know my life would be much different without all of them.  I love them all. They are very special people in my life and they love the Lord. (I know Owen will soon!) My dad isn't living anymore. He would have been 96 years old.  I was thinking about him today.  I remember him as a farmer, working hard, wearing blue and white striped overalls.  He wore a dark grey suit to church every Sunday.  I miss him.  But he did what he knew to do as a farmer and provided for his family.  He made sure we were in church every Sunday.     I am thankful for the faithful legacy of our family to God.  It's great to be teaching Sunday School along side my husband, a few months every year.  Now it's our turn to teach the grandchildren about the Lord by how we live daily for Him!        Psalm 119:9-16      Our day included lunch at Denny's after church, and then a walk; I finally broke down and ordered a fish taco and liked it!  Phil mowed the lawn as it was shabby, and we had pancakes with fresh Oregon strawberries for dinner. YUM!     Take care and hope you all had a great weekend and a good week ahead in the Lord. my friends!!

3 comments:

aimee said...

The Columbia River Gorge is such an incredibly beautiful area--I love the waterfalls there! I have never used the tripod I was given by my dad when they were downsizing...does it make a big difference (as opposed to hand held photos)?
Yes the men in our lives---my son and his family are visiting us now; I sure miss having them around here.
God bless,
Aimee

Camille said...

How wonderful to have godly men in your life Becky! And to have generations of men to share Father's Day with!! :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Kathie (Prairie Stitcher) said...

Hi Becky: I'm a grandmother too and my son lives in Portland. I'm up in Washington. We have been reading a book called, I think, FIRE, FAULTS & FLOODS by the Muellers. I don't have it right here at the moment but you could find it on Amazon for very cheap. It tells all about the formation of the Columbia Gorge, the falls, the old river bed and much more. We live in Odessa, and it tells all about our area and how it was formed, geologically. It has made our little journeys very meaningful. I hope you will have a look and tell me what you think. Thanks for your nice blog.