Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Church Picnic

Look, we've got jellybeans!
 Last month was our church picnic. It was the day after the firehouse cook off. I managed to make food Sun a.m. in the crock pot before we left for church. Hot dogs, Bush baked beans, spaghetti sauce, grated cheese and seasonings. It was bubbling before we left. Took it to church, plugged it in, low temp.....got all eaten at the picnic about 30 miles away.  It was quite warm again that day.

Baptism in the Molalla River, on a warm Sun-day!  9 people were baptized. many were teenagers. A grandpa baptized his granddaughter, wow!  A dear friend of mine was baptized as well!

Hubby in hat and sunglasses and other people....down by the riverside!

A young man that is in junior high...he's been in our Sunday school class for many years. Now he's taller than me but he still will give me a hug!

If I didn't have my sandals on I'd have put my feet in the river as it was so inviting. But didn't have any way to get back over the rocks and keep my only sandals from getting messed up. What was I thinking? Obviously NOT!


A grandpa carrying granddaughter up from river....she didn't have shoes on. I've known Dolly since she was a baby.


A little boy waiting for his grandma to take his photo and was happy to let me take a photo of him.


A friend's daughter and her English bulldog puppy.

A refreshing dessert at the close of the day. I'd been out 2 days in a row in the heat. I needed this!
Hope you have some fun summer memories as well.  Til next time,  Grandma Becky

5 comments:

aimee said...

Becky,
THANK you for all the smiles and happy feelings this post gave me! LOVED the baptism photos and the great pics of the children!

Did a spur of the moment trip to the dahlia farm last Friday(HOPE you get to go there too) and--thanks to you--Brownsville (LOVED it)!
Many blessings,
Aimee

Karen said...

What a beautiful day for a picnic! The river looks so cool and refreshing! Your crock pot beans sound very yummy, too. It's so nice to see all the little ones having fun, and the not so little ones, too. Must be a good feeling to watch them grow up and be such a positive support in their lives. Love the little girl with the puppy pic. So sweet. xx

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

:o) A wonderful church picnic! Isnt it amazing how much the kids grow and change??? Of course, we grown ups, never age :O)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for stopping by! And I look forward to hearing what you would be interested in having drawn :o) Hugs!

Camille said...

What a wonderful day! Such lovely photos Becky. God is so Good to us, isn't HE? :)

Blessings,
Camille

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

How wonderful that day must have been!