Monday, November 5, 2012

Flowers in the Fall

I bought some pansies this fall when they were on special at my favorite fruit stand.  I saved a bit buying them that way.  I enjoy these pansies alot.  They are in planters and so easy to water and see them close to where I pass going to the garage on my nearly daily trek to car for work or shopping.

This photo was taken after they had a drink. Just felt like I needed some photos to share with my bloggy friends.  I enjoy purple alot but other ones as well. 

The last of my roses I cut off the day of our 35th wedding anniversary. I thought it would be fun to photograph them in an old plastic watering pitcher. I'd bought this sometime ago at a garage sale for hardly anything. A few years ago I went to use it and it had a split on the bottom. I wasn't to happy about that. My husband told me to use a certain glue and it might work. I did and presto....after it dried......i can use it again.  These roses are from a bush I've had out front of our house for 22 years. It's a tea rose and it reminds me of a rose my grandmother had at her house. It's amazing how fragrances of flowers or cooking reminds us of our past.  I remember coming home from school and mom would have roast beef and squash in the oven for dinner! YUM!   What are some fond memories of fragrances of flowers or plants or cooking that come to your mind?
Til next time, Grandma Becky

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I love your pansies and roses! Silent companions that cheer up our days! Love that you found a glue to fix your cute watering can. My most vivid memories of the scent of flowers are when we lived in Tucson, Arizona. The orange trees would blossom and fill the air with fragrance so sweet, you couldn't believe it was real. We were newlyweds and the world was brand new.

I do remember the smell of my Mother's and Grandmother's kitchens. Oh my! Is there anything better? xx

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love pansies, too. I can't really remember anything in particular that brings a fond memory with food since my mom wasn't much of a cook, LOL.

Kristin Bridgman said...

I love flowers and I love home cooking! My grandmothers and my mom were such wonderful cooks and bakers! One of my favorite meals was the potroast with potatoes and gravy and green beans. . .and then of course, the turkey and dressing and cranberry salad and my mom made the best homemade yeast rolls!

Wow! 36 years in the USAF! Thank you and I salute you and your husband :)

Have a good week!

Grandma Becky said...

Just to clarify, Kristin, 36 years ago I was IN the USAF, not 36 years of service. We both served 4 years.